Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elizabeth gets married

In August of 2008, Elizabeth, the spinster schoolteacher, finally got married. I decided to draw a picture to celebrate the occasion.


I'll give peanut butter fudge to anyone who knows where I got the idea for this. :)

This was also an attempt on actually inking a picture I drew. I think I did fairly well, and I can finally get over the fear of ruining a picture forever if I dared touch ink to paper. Though I'll have to use a different drawing pad next time since I had the worst time fitting this one in my scanner.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about fear of inking. I had one strip that I allowed to sit for a month as I worked up the courage to ink it--and I actually ended up scanning the pencil drawing, printing that out, and inking the scanned version. After that, I was able to ink my drawings directly. :)

    Looking forward to your next installment. Meanwhile, I've added you to the FOOBAR blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea where the picture comes from but I do sympathize with Liz's predicament. It seems to me that now that she got what she was told she wanted, she probably thinks she has nothing left to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I over-interpreting to read "Fifth Panel" as being, along with its obvious comic strip meaning, a pun on Fifth Column?

    Probably. But take credit for it anyway.

    Jana C.H.
    Seattle
    Saith WSG: Nothing is more annoying than to feel that you’re not equal to the intellectual pressure of the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, April P. for adding me. :) After I master inking lines, I'm hoping to move on to shading, but not quite yet.

    DC, I guess I'm much more of a comics geek than I thought! I took the pose directly from the forced wedding of Kitty Pryde and the morlock Caliban from X-Men #179, which you can see here, http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/a/a2/Uncanny_X-Men_179.jpg
    Your interpretation of Liz being at the end of the road is pretty much spot on. Everything is frozen in a hellish happily ever after for her.

    Jana, I actually didn't know about
    'The Fifth Column' and had to look it up, but it is VERY fitting to our situation with the foe-fics and foe-comics!

    ReplyDelete